- 1 leg of lamb, approximately
- 5 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablesp. rapeseed or olive oil
- 2 good sprigs of fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250ml water
- 60ml dry white wine
- Root Vegetables
Take the leg of lamb out of the fridge 1 hour in advance of cooking.
Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4, 180°C (350°F).
Mix the garlic with the oil and rosemary. Use your hands to coat the lamb all over with this mixture, rubbing well in. Season.
Place the lamb on a bed of chopped root vegetables. Pour the water and the wine into the tin.
Place in the preheated oven at 180c for 44 minutes per Kg and 20 mins over.
Leave to rest for 20 minutes before carving.