This recipe was kindly created for us by Avoca’s head chef Mark McGillicuddy who previously worked in Michelin-starred Mint restaurant in Ranelagh.
- 12 parsnips peeled and halved lengthwise
- 600g Chantennay carrots
- 3tbsp James Whelan beef dripping
- 2tbsp of Irish honey
- 2 tbsp of pomegranate molasses
- 2 tsp of coriander seeds crushed
- 4 red eating apples, cored and quartered
- 250g of Brussel sprouts, halved and blanched itn salted water for 2 mins, then chilled
Preheat an oven to 180c, add 1 tbsp of beef dripping to the roasting tray and add the parsnips and the carrots, mix the remaining melted dripping with the honey, pomegranate molasses and coriander seeds and seasoning and spoon over the vegetables, coat them in the mixture by turing them in it and then cook for a further 20 mins, then add the blanched sprouts and apples and cook for a further 20 mins until all the veg is browned glazed and tender.