We’ve been hard at work adding seasonal Christmas recipes to our popular Recipes section in the run-up to Christmas, and it’s filled with instructive, simple recipes for turning out wonderful festive meals through the holiday season:
- Christmas Turkey with Cranberry Sauce
- Traditional Roast Turkey with Thyme and Onion Stuffing
- Ham with Marmalade and Ginger Glaze
- Roast Rack of Pork with Apples
- And of course, Gingerbread, Apple and Bacon Stuffing
Some wonderful tastes and smells to take you right through New Year’s Day. And if you need a little help or a bit of refresher in the kitchen, the following video guides may come in handy this time of year:
- Boning a Turkey
- Roasting a Turkey
- Cooking and Glazing a Ham
- And that all important Knife Sharpening!
Watch them online or drag them into the kitchen with you on your laptop – or maybe Santa will bring you an iPad and a iPad wall mount device for the ultimate kitchen companion gadget for cooks! Whatever you find under the tree, we hope your Christmas meal is a delicious one.
We hope you enjoyed reading this post by Pat Whelan of James Whelan Butchers. Pat is a 5th generation butcher, cook book author and the director of James Whelan Butchers with shops in Clonmel, the Avoca Food Market Monkstown and Avoca Rathcoole. Sign up to our newsletter for more updates from James Whelan Butchers